How to Organize an Event
Proposed Talking Points
Once you have drafted your press release, it is time to get ready to face the media. The best way to do so is to have a set of specific talking points to guide you through your conversation with reporters. In this document, we present some talking points that you may find useful when outlining goals, strategies and tactics of the event to reporters or members of the media in general. These remarks will help you in case of an unexpected interview/press conference.
- We are proud to partner with the City of Houston and Mayor Sylvester Turner to celebrate the civic engagement and citizenship of our diverse population during Citizenship Month.
- It is people like those here today, events like these, helping to make Houston the great place to live and work that it is today.
- In celebration of the City of Houston’s Citizenship Month, we are glad to present [insert your event description here].
- Houston Citizenship Month allows the opportunity to reflect on the social and economic benefits that our hometown – whether it is our native or adopted hometown – provides so we can give back in return.
- We invite other proud Houstonians to celebrate Citizenship Month by taking the opportunity to get involved in their community — volunteering at their church or child’s school or at an animal shelter, planting trees, registering to vote, helping a co-worker or neighbor in need, etc.
To add an event, click the button below to add your event to the Citizenship Month calendar.
This button will take you to the calendar where you will need to select the “Post Your Event” button in the upper right hand corner.