Media Fact Sheet
- Citizenship Month encourages civic engagement and commemorates the spirit of citizenship that makes up the Houston community.
- Citizenship Month will celebrate eight years of community engagement in November 2016.
- We will be celebrating the vibrant mix of native Houstonians, transplants from other cities and states, Immigrants, refugees, foreign students and international resident workers.
- Highlighting the residents of the city that have become leaders and productive citizens.
- It’s a month to focus on the privileges, rights, responsibilities and obligations of all citizens from the native-born to those who have adopted Houston such as immigrants, refugees, foreign students and international residents.
- Citizenship Month provides an opportunity to foster good citizenship among all Houstonians by highlighting the diversity of citizens and their accomplishments.
- Citizenship Month is volunteer-driven, but is part of the Houston Office of International Communities.
- Showcasing the multicultural and diverse populations that engage the spirit of entrepreneurship and economic development.
- We are celebrating Houston as a competitive diverse community that is meeting the global challenges of multiculturalism and diversity through respect and solidarity.
- Promoting a safe Houston. Recognize the economic and community contributions of the citizens of the city.